BRADLY BAYLY LEGAL
Legal Leaders in Public Liability
Bradley Bayly Legal has extensive experience in conducting claims for clients who have suffered as a result of injury in public place or other serious injury by accident. Public liability claims are generally complex and require skilled and experienced lawyers to conduct the legal action.
Public liability law is there to protect you when you’ve been injured as a result of a dog bite, slipped, tripped or fell in a shopping centre or some other place in public, or been involved in a dispute with your landlord. You may also be able to start a claim under public liability law if you have suffered food poisoning.
Our team of lawyers are public liability experts. We have the knowledge and experience to help you make a claim for compensation.
Public Liability claims in WA cover a variety of circumstances. Most commonly, these include injuries sustained:
- in parks, aquatic or leisure centres and other public places (e.g. slips, trips and falls, back injuries, neck injuries or psychological injuries);
- in private buildings (e.g. shopping centres);
- recreational and sporting injuries (e.g. jet-ski and diving accidents);
- in rental premises (e.g. landlords or tenants);
- from animals (e.g. dog bites, dog attacks, horse riding accidents);
- in the school yard;
- aviation and boating injuries;
- food poisoning;
- physical assaults; or
- sexual assaults.
To make a successful claim for compensation in WA, you must prove:
- that the person or company at fault had an obligation to take steps to prevent harm (ie. that they owed you a duty of care);
- that the person or company failed to take this duty of care; and
- that you were hurt and suffered loss as a result.
Although each claim is different, the types of items that can form part of a compensation claim include:
- medical expenses, both past and future;
- loss of income, both past and future;
- pain and suffering;
- loss of enjoyment of life; or
- care and help you have required at home, whether paid or unpaid, provided by friends, family or anyone else.
The amount of harm or loss you suffer will determine the amount of compensation you receive. This will vary according to factors such as your age, the severity of your injuries, the amount of your lost income and the amount of any out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred for treatment.
Our team of lawyers are highly skilled at gathering and analysing all of the evidence and will be able to provide an accurate estimate of the amount of compensation you can expect.
Western Australia has time limits for making a public liability claim. That time limit means you must lodge your claim within three years of the date of your injury.
It is very important that you seek legal advice as soon as possible so that you don’t lose your right to a make claim due to a time limit because, in most cases, you will be prohibited from making a claim after the time period expires.
We are proud that Doyle’s Guide has rated Bradley Bayly Legal with some of the highest recommendations possible for a personal injury law firm across numerous categories.
We have achieved record settlements for the clients we represent and have been rated as experts in the specialised and highly complex legal field of public liability claim compensation: